Monday, November 4, 2013

Welcome Riella Joan Brown!

Today was the big day- induction day!  Robert and I were up bright and early to get ready.  The boys must've felt the excitement in the air and got up early too.  My mom came over and stayed with the boys and got Ryker on the bus while we were at the hospital.

One last picture with my boys before becoming a mom of three!
In our room ready to go! 
 
The doc came in and broke my water at 8:00.  They started the pitocin at 8:30.  They increased the dosage every 30 minutes.  The contractions started right away and grew closer and higher in intensity just like they should.  I progressed nicely and by 10:00 my mom was calling for my aunt Karen to come relieve her so she could meet us at the hospital.  The contractions started to get pretty intense and I decided to go ahead and get the epidural.  After we were settled back in the doc came over at lunch because they were having a hard time monitoring the contractions with the external monitor.  She put an internal one in.  The contractions were a lot weaker than before but much closer together.  They said they'd give me some more time and then up the dosage again at 2:00 if I wasn't continuing to progress.  At 1:10 I paged the nurse because I felt like I needed her to come relieve my bladder.  She said it'd be a few minutes.  I quickly went from feeling like I needed to pee to feeling like I needed to push.  My father-in-law, sister-in-law, and nephew were all in the room.  Robert was in the back talking to them and didn't understand I needed her to come quicker.  My mom went out in the hall, found the nurse and brought her in.  They quickly ushered everyone else out and she checked me to find that yes, indeed, I was ready to push.  We called the doc and waited for her to come over as they set up the room for delivery.  As soon as Dr. R arrived, she suited up and I began pushing.  Just like with Cam, it was one big push for her head and another one right after for her body...and just like that...she was here!
I love/hate this picture.  I hate my double chin, but the look on my face says a thousand words.  There is nothing in this world quite like meeting your child for the first time.  That moment they put her on your chest and you look at her for the first time is unlike any other experience I've ever had.  I've cried out of sheer happiness each time I've delivered and I'm crying now as I describe it.  Everything about pregnancy and birth is such a miracle and I just feel at awe to be a part of it.
She arrived at 1:42 pm

She weighed in at a very healthy (and shocking!) 9lbs. 0.5 oz. and was 22" long.

Nonno meeting his new birthday buddy!

Papaw with his first granddaughter.

Nonna's turn

Because things went so quickly, it took Karen a while to get the boys up to the hospital.  She had to pick up Ryker from the school and everything.  They still got there shortly after we let everyone else in though.  They were so excited!

Camden couldn't wait to get his hands on her and was mad when anyone else tried to hold her.


Like I said, he was pretty happy about it.

Sweet Riella Joan Brown.  As for her name, she is named after two of her great-grandmothers.  Riella is the feminine version of Riello, which is Robert's Nonna's maiden name.  Joan is my grandmother's name.

Daddy is so excited to have his girl here safe and sound.


First picture as a family of 5!

Proud momma
After everyone cleared out, they finally gave her her first bath.  She was not a fan!

We were excited to get a closer look at her hair once it was all clean.  She has the exact same amount of hair of the boys (if not a bit more), but it has more blonde in than either of theirs did.  It'll be interesting to see what it settles into in the long run.

So fresh and clean

Baby Girl has some big feet!
Our nurse made her an adorable hat complete with a bow. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: