Friday, November 1, 2013

Trick or Treating (Take 2)

The weather was pretty severe here on Halloween night so trick or treating was postponed to Friday evening.  We typically skip regular trick or treating in favor of our church's Harvest Hoedown event.  Since it's indoors, we still did that last night.  My cousin invited us to join them for trick or treating in their neighborhood tonight.  Robert had to work late so I thought it'd be a great way to entertain the kids.  Unfortunately, within a few minutes of getting started Camden spied a guy in a scary costume and wanted me to hold him...the entire time. He got down here and there, but for the most part, I carried his 28 lb. booty and his bucket of candy through most of the neighborhood.  My back was killing me by the time we were done and I was ready for bed!  Ryker, however, had the best time running around with his cousins, so I guess it was worth it.  ;-)
Ashlyn (Sofia the First), Tyler (pumpkin), Carter (astronaut), Ryker (Batman), and Robin (Camden) before we got started.  Warren was a court jester but wasn't into holding still for a photo.


Ryker and Carter led the way the entire night.

At the very end of the evening we stopped and got my cousin's wagon for Camden.  He was quite happy to sit and enjoy his sucker and this tired mom finally got a break!

These two are such buds.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment