Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 30th birthday.  If you had told me 15 years ago that I would be spending my 30th birthday anxiously awaiting release from the hospital after having my third child I would've laughed in your face.  This is not the future I saw for myself whatsoever, but boy am I glad it's the one I'm living!  God's plans for our lives are always so much better than those we have for ourselves!

Robert took off early this morning again to get the boys from my mom.  Being trapped in the hospital was rough for Cam yesterday so Robert told me he thought he'd let him play at home for a while and run some errands before bringing him up.  Riella and I enjoyed some extra sleep and quality time while we waited on them to get there. Robert arrived around 11:30 with Michelle and Tony.  Robert said he'd been out buying my birthday present. 
Chelsey (my OB) stopped by on her lunch break from her surgery day just to cuddle Riella for a bit.  She is such an incredibly kind doctor and I'm so thankful for her.  It was great to know that Riella and I were in such good care with her. 
By this point in every hospital stay I am BEYOND ready to go home. 

I wasn't sure if her newborn size outfit was going to fit, but it was just fine.  Ok, a little short in the sleeves, but it was fine!  She looked absolutely precious!


This picture melts my heart!  Just when I think I can't love him more...

All ready to go home!
 
On the way home, I decided to call the upholstery place to see if they had my chair for the nursery done yet.  I mentioned that I was going to call as I was looking up the number, etc. and Robert asked if I was going to call once we got home.  I had already dialed and left a voicemail message and he never said a word.  Then, we got home.  I was busy unpacking and putting things away when I found his jacket balled up on the floor of the coat closet.  I lifted it up to put it on a hanger and a bunch of fabric fell out.  I looked at it and realized it was the fabric for the recliner.  I was so confused and started asking him about as I climbed the stairs.  When I got to the nursery, I found this....

I was so surprised and so incredibly happy too! It's no wonder he was gone for so long this morning!

Ryker got off the bus shortly after we arrived home and couldn't wait to get his hands on Sissy.

Mom and Dad brought us dinner from Outback Steakhouse (I got to choose since I'm the birthday girl) and Mom took this family picture of us.  I kinda think it's amazing.  Cam is hilarious and I just love this little family so much I could burst!


1 comment: