Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thacker Thanksgiving

We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family today with a huge spread at my mom and dad's.  My mom slaved all day and prepared a delicious meal.  It was just my parents, grandparents, my aunt Karen, Jo, Kate and the boys, and us.  It was really nice to keep it a bit more low key.  The kids got some great quality time with their great grandparents which is rare.

Hudson and Camden cuddling with Grandpa Sheepie

Enjoying some derby pie and ice cream

We love when Jo is in town!  The boys adore her and she is so good to them.

Aunt Karen was thrilled to meet Cord too.

Camden and Grandma Thacker spent some time playing babies with stuffed animals.

He was cracking me up with it.  He was doing the exact some things I do to soothe Riella.  He's an observant little guy.

Grandma and Cord 
Since I'm the only girl born to any of my grandma's daughters I was the only shot of making this four generations of women picture possible.  It is something I dreamed would become a reality and I am so blessed that it has.  It is so special to me and I love that Riella gets her middle name from my grandmother.  She is truly a blessing to so many and has taught me so much about the kind of wife, mother, and Christian that I want to be.  I pray that I can pass on some of her characteristics to my daughter. 

We gave Cam and Hud a bath together.  They loved it and their sweet mohawks!

Then Papaw read them all a bedtime story before we left.

Kate got some good bonding time in with Riella. She was all smiles for her Aunt Kate.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment