Saturday, November 23, 2013

Operation Christmas Child

Every year around this time we shop for toys, hats, gloves, and other necessities to fill a shoebox for a little boy somewhere in the world that wouldn't have a Christmas present otherwise.  It's part of a program called Operation Christmas Child.  I started doing this as a child and I love that we've made it a tradition with our kids too.  Today was the day to pack up our shoebox.  Ryker colored a picture for the little boy and Camden decorated the box with stickers. 

 
Tonight as we prayed for the little boy who would receive our shoebox, Ryker said he wanted to give it a boy he knows from school.  He said the little boy has said he doesn't have any toys at home and he wanted to give him some.  I told him that I would look into it and see if that little boy really did need some toys and that if he did we would get him some.  He quickly got a huge grin on his face and began bouncing up and down.  I love that boy's heart like no other!  He is so sweet and tender-hearted.  I pray he always keeps that love to help others!

No comments:

Post a Comment