Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sick Days

The evening after our trip to the orchard both of the boys' asthma started to flare up.  The last time they were around high it flared up as well.  I'm beginning to think they may be allergic to it.  I gave them both treatments and Ryker went to school as usual.  By Thursday night, however, Ryker was waking up crying in pain saying his ear was hurting.  He never complains of being sick so for him to be crying for 20 minutes straight I knew something was really wrong.  He finally fell back asleep and way overslept for school. 
We had some time to kill before the doctor's appointment I was able to schedule.  So, we worked on our Fall Fun Tree.  Each leaf is labeled with a different activity for us to complete this fall.  As we complete each one, we will let that leaf "fall" to the bottom.  Once all the leaves have fallen it will be time for winter!


You know he's sick when he falls asleep on the way to the doctor at 11:00 in the morning!

Walking in to the doctor.  These two are so precious it kills me!
 
 Just as I had assumed, Ryker had an ear infection. Camden had been coughing, sneezing, and had a runny nose all week so I figured it wouldn't hurt to have them both checked out.  Camden checked out fine and she said he just had a cold. We filled Ryker's prescriptions and headed home for more rest. 

The next few days included lots of fits from this one.

And lots of laying low and drawing from this one.  This is his depiction of an alien vampire?!?  Don't ask where he comes up with this stuff!

Sunday afternoon I told him he needed to take a nap just to recharge before heading back to school Monday.  I tried to let him lay in our bed but he snuck into the bonus room and we found him like this.  Yes, he was dead asleep!

Monday came around and this little dude was a mess.  He fell asleep on the couch at 9:30 in the morning!  He started running a really high fever and I couldn't get it to break.  I finally took him in today and sure enough, all that fluid had settled into an ear infection too.  :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment