Friday, October 4, 2013

34 Week Appointment

I had my follow up to my ultrasound with the doctor today.  The doctor had reviewed the ultrasound and said she definitely had some concerns about the baby's size.  I pointed out that she had a small head so I wasn't too worried.  She, however, said that wasn't necessarily a good thing.  She said she was sure I could delivery her head easily, but because her abdomen was measuring so large, her shoulders more than likely will be as well and that's where it can get dangerous quickly.  She said her main concern was having the shoulders get stuck.  We decided to continue monitoring her growth and go ahead and schedule an induction for 39 weeks if I haven't gone before to prevent her from getting any bigger than necessary.  So, we are officially scheduled for an induction on November 4th if she hasn't already made her appearance.

Weight Gain: 17.0
Blood Pressure: 104/62
Fundal Height: 36 cm
Baby's Heart rate: 150s bpm


No comments:

Post a Comment