Monday, October 14, 2013

36 Week Appointment

Today was my 36 week appointment.  First up, was yet another ultrasound.  She was finally measuring below the 90th percentile in her abdominal circumfrence which was great since my doctor was finally comfortable with a vaginal delivery instead of a c-section. Woohoo!!!  She still has a peanut head and average femurs and a big gut.  LOL!  Her weight today was measuring at 6lbs. 7 oz.  which is not nearly as big as what they expected and what I've been feeling like is more accurate all along. 

Since Ryker is on Fall Break and Robert is still off work due to the goverment shutdown we all went as a family.  Ryker was thrilled to get to see the ultrasound.  He loved seeing her on the tv screen.  She was swallowing, opening and closing her mouth, and sucking on her bottom lip.  It was precious!  She also was doing her practice breathing which is always reassuring to see.  The tech also noted that my placenta has started to calcify which means it is signifying is about done doing its job.  Never knew that before and thought it was pretty cool to actually see too.  Everything about pregnancy is such a perfect miracle!



I can't get enough of those sweet lips!  I just wanna kiss them!
 
Weight Gain: 20.2
Blood Pressure: 102/72
Fundal Height: She didn't say and I forgot to ask!
Baby's Heart rate: 149bpm
Dilated: 3 cm
Effaced: 50%
Station: -1
 
I was very surprised to already be 3 cm dilated!  I didn't reach 3 cm until 3 days before having Camden and 4 days before Ryker.  I know you can stay in one place for a long time though so I'm just hoping she hangs out for at least one more week.  I hate how quickly the end of this pregnancy is flying!  I just want to soak it all in and enjoy every part of it while I can.  I know I'll be thrilled when she's here (obviously), but I love being pregnant too.  Either way, the countdown is definitely on!

No comments:

Post a Comment