Friday, October 25, 2013

Nursery Makeover

The baby's nursery is finally finished!  Well, almost anyway. ;-) The only thing left is to get the recliner reupholstered.  It is in the shop as we speak.  I'm hoping they can finish it soon so we have it in time for her homecoming.  If not, I'm sure we can manage without for a few days.  I've wanted it done since Ryker was a baby, so I'm thrilled to finally be getting it done!  I absolutely love the way everything came together.  Now, for a tour:

I had planned on a darker accent wall from the beginning, but am so glad the stencil idea came to me and my mom and Robert were able to execute it for me.  The crib and dresser are the same as what we had with Camden.  The bedding is a hodge podge of what I liked and went with the color scheme I wanted.  The sheet and crib skirt are both from Pottery Barn Kids (on clearance- woot woot!) but from separate collections.  The bumper is a basic white made by Carter's ordered off of Amazon.  My mom has the cream one and has since Ryker was born.  It has worn so well and really held its shape so I knew I wanted to go with one of theirs.  The price is very reasonable too ($34.99).


I did buy a new diaper pail this time.  Ours was smelling like a dirty diaper even without any in there.  My sister-in-law led me to a stainless steel one that got great reviews.  We've already been using it for Cam's dirty diapers and I have been super impressed.  The changing pad cover was purchased at a consignment sale for $1 and the bin to the right is from Target.  I bought it for Camden's nursery in a tan color and just painted it a soft white color to match the new room.  My mom found the two frames above the dresser for $15 at an antique show.  The backing is a basket weave (which is an awesome added layer of texture).  They were oak wood frames and a bright yellow and red background when we started out.  We used some of the accent wall color for one and a light pink spray paint for the other.  The monogram came from Hobby Lobby and I just painted it to match.  The bird cage was purchased from a booth at Country Living Fair.  Ryker and Cam helped me pick the perfect stick for the bird (from Hobby Lobby) to perch on. 

I love the way her mobile feature turned out too.  The pink flower balls are once again from Hobby Lobby.  I picked up the bird cage during my trip to Ikea (thanks to my sister-in-law's preshopping online).  The bird was a bright yellow and I just spray painted it pink to match. 


We made these shelves when we decorated Ryker's nursery and they have been perfect storage for books, etc.  The baskets have been in the nursery since it was Ryker's room.  I just wanted to add a little flare to them this time so I spray painted the bottoms a bright pink.  The little birds were originally red and another of Nana's antique show purchases.  The headbands are all stretched over glass jars I already had on hand.  They work perfectly though!

My incredible sister-in-law surprised me with this custom bible verse print that I just love.  I love this verse so much and it means so much that her aunt made it for her.

Remember, that blue chair will soon be covered in a gorgeous dark gray fabric.  :-)  The curtains are Target.  The nightstand was in Ryker's room and was a deep red before my trusty spray paint came in handy again.  Nana found an awesome glass knob at Anthropologie that we added for an extra something special.  It changes the whole look of the table.  The lamp and shade are both Target.  The Kleenex box cover and basket on the bottom shelf are both from Marshall's. 
 
All the clothes, blankets, bibs, burp cloths, etc. have been washed and organized.  We are officially ready for Little Miss to make her debut.  I can hardly believe we will have a little girl in the house soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment