Saturday, September 7, 2013

Kate's Sprinkle

We celebrated Kate and my new nephew today with a small sprinkle here at the house.  Kate was able to see a lot of her friends that she hadn't seen in a while and we had a great time playing games, laughing, etc.
We had the sprinkle at 10:00 so it was perfect for brunch.  We had fruit with dip, donuts, coffee cake, and yogurt and granola so everyone could make their own parfaits.

I made these mason jars for everyone's drinks.  They got to take them home as their favors.

I went with the colors in Kate's nursery for the decorations and purchased some fabric to make a few banners.  They were super easy to make and I loved how they turned out.

We played a couple of games.  Since Hudson will only be 16 months old when the new baby arrives, I thought a glimpse into Kate's everyday life might be fun.  I made each of them hold Hudson (or another toddler, we had plenty to choose from) and change the doll's diaper.  I timed them and the person with the shortest time won.  Kate's friend Erin has Irish twins and she won (surprise! surprise!)

The whole group.

And, Kate and I couldn't quite get on the same page for our pictures and ended up with some real winners like this one...

..and this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment