Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Boys' Dino Room

We finally put all the finishing touches on the boys' dinosaur-themed room!
This is right when you walk in the door.  The nightstand was a Craigslist purchase.  I found a long dresser, nightstand, mirror, and headboard all for $65.  Originally I wasn't planning on keeping anything but the dresser.  However, Robert pointed out that it fit perfectly on this wall and is great for the boys' socks, underwear, and undershirts.  The dino hooks were 50% off at Hobby Lobby and the nightlight is from Target.

A better view of the room.  The beds are both Pottery Barn, but purchased separately 3 years apart on Craigslist.  Ryker's was a dark red when we bought it and Cam's was cream.  We had a pro paint them both to match and chose a lighter and less deep red this time.  They turned out great!  The quilts and shams are Pottery Barn Kids.  Sheets and dinosaur throw pillows are Target.  The navy roman shades are from Lowe's.

These are homemade dino paintings that Ryker and I did together on already-owned canvases with craft paint I had on hand.

The dresser is made by Ashley Furniture and was a Craigslist find.  The green lamp is from Marshall's.  The yellow one was $1 at a garage sale and I just bought a new shade to go on it.  The stegosaurus piggy bank is from Target.

Cam's piggy bank is from Walmart.  The dino bookends are Target as well.

The C and R letters are from Hobby Lobby. They came gold and I just painted them green to match. The frames are Ikea.

This is Cam's life verse.  My amazingly talented sis-in-law whipped up a printable for both of the boys.  They are probably my favorite part of the room. 
 
I'm so pleased with the way the room came out and the boys love it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment