Monday, September 30, 2013

34 Week Ultrasound

Last Monday, the doctor's office called and said the doctor had reviewed my 32 week ultrasound and she wanted me to come back in for another one.  They asked that I make my regularly scheduled 34 week check up into an ultrasound and come back Friday when the doctor would be in the office so we could go over everything.  I will admit that it freaked me out a bit at first.  I stewed over it that afternoon and evening and decided to call back and talk to the nurse the next day.  The nurse assured me that since the baby was measuring so far ahead they just wanted to check on her size and see how things were progressing.  She said that the doc just likes to keep an extra close eye on bigger babies and she'd probably want to talk to me about an induction and/or c-section.  I was relieved there was nothing alarming on the ultrasound and relaxed quite a bit!


Showing off those guns!

Her feet just seem huge! (It may explain why I feel as if I have internal injuries after one of her kicking sessions too!)

She did not take her hand away from her face the entire time. 
 
Her Stats:
Fetal Weight: 5 lbs. 12 oz.
Abdominal Circumference: 35 weeks 6 days 90-93rd percentile
Femur Length: 35 weeks 4 days 83rd percentile
Head: 30th percentile
 
Overall, she is very consistent and has gained right at a pound in the last two weeks which is what she should.  She is definitely a big girl, but honestly, I'm not too concerned.  Camden was 8 lbs. 11 oz. at birth and she's tracking to be about the same size.  I was relieved to hear her head is measuring small just like the boys.  I figure as long as her head is small, a vaginal delivery should be no problem.  I'm eager to hear what Dr. Rasmussen thinks when I see her Friday but I feel good knowing she's growing at the same rate and all seems healthy.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment