Friday, August 16, 2013

Sponge

Since starting school Ryker has truly been blossoming and becoming quite the little sponge.  He's soaking up everything he's learning and is amazing me more and more each day.  I find him singing songs he's learned at school at random times and he's getting more and more eager to work on reading, sight words, and writing. 

Week 2 of school began color time.  Each day for the last two weeks has been a different color.  They are learning to read, spell, and write all these words.  Ryker worked on writing them in the van on the way to and from his dentist's appointment.  He did great!
We stopped to get dinner and took some silly pics while we waited on our food.  He was asking about his baby sister and how big she was.  I was explaining how much longer we have to wait and said something about how God will tell me when it's time to get to the hospital.  He asked why I had to go to the hospital and I replied, "So the doctor can make sure I have a safe and healthy delivery." He was quiet for a second, then started chuckling and said, "Delivery? hehe...Deliveries are for the mailbox."  It cracked me up!  I love seeing how his little mind works though. ;-)
We used our Rainforest Colors book to practice reading our color words.  This was the first time he'd tried.  He does a great job!
Ryker has  become obsessed with making his own books.  One morning before school we worked on his new book, "The Tiger Finds a Home"  He will tell you all about the different parts of the book now (like the spine) and tell you how to read it (as if I didn't know). 

He's also taken to copying sentences out of books and can decode more words than I expected at this stage. 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment