Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Parent-Teacher Meeting

Tonight was our parent-teacher meeting at school.  It was nice to hear more from Miss Oliver about what they'll be covering this year and expectations, etc.  After her main presentation, I went up to ask her a few questions (mainly about bringing snack on Thursday).  I mentioned Ryker's name and right away she said, "Oh, I love Ryker! He's so funny!"  I immediately said, "Oh, dear...what did he do?" 

She told me a story from Monday that had us all laughing.  They are working on their colors for the next two weeks.  Monday's color was red.  Their daily snacks coordinate with the color of the day.  Monday's was Twizzlers.  Ryker has a sensitivity to red dye and we try to avoid it if possible.  He knew enough to ask her if they had red dye.  She told him she wasn't sure, but to go ahead and peel them and make his name out of the peels while she looked into it.  She was able to look up the info and came back to tell him that they did indeed have red dye and he could just do the activity and throw his away.  He responded with, "Too late.  I ate some.  You killed me."  I about died when she told me!  She thought it was hilarious.  He seems to really like Miss Oliver and enjoys teasing her.  They are already seem to have a good rapport going and I am so thankful for it! 

1 comment: