Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Party

Yesterday we took some time to assemble Ryker's valentines for his classmates.  I stole this idea off of Pinterest last year and duplicated it again this year.  It's a simple, easy, yet creative way to do valentines.
I took a picture of Ryker with his hand out as if he were holding something a week before, used Pic Monkey to add some graphics and text, and then printed them off.  I cut a slit at the top and bottom of his fist in the picture and Ryker threaded the suckers through them.


While I was hard at work, this little Houdini managed to snag a sucker, open it up, and start enjoying it before I noticed.  The damage was done, so I supervised while he enjoyed his stolen treat.

Pretty soon, all 30 were complete and ready for his party.
I hadn't signed up to help with the party, but Ryker really wanted me to come, so I did.  He loved having me and the boys there.  He especially liked showing off his little brother to his classmates.  Camden was in heaven.  He was actually really good and helped with the games.  He would collect the balls they were throwing through a heart-shaped wreath and bring them back to the kids.  It was pretty funny!

One of the moms owns a cake shop and made special cupcakes for the kids.  They looked quite yummy and I know Ryker certainly enjoyed his! 

No comments:

Post a Comment