Friday, February 15, 2013

Ornery

I'm beginning to believe that I have one of the orneriest children to walk this planet.  That's right, my sweet Camden Nicoli, is getting ornerier by the day.  Here are a few of his adventures as of late....

~ The boy loves the toilet. Specifically, putting things in it and fishing them back out.  I've gone to do laundry or some chore around the house only to find later that he has dunked pieces of toilet paper in the toilet and then scattered them all over the bathroom floors and walls.  My recent favorite was when he dunked his favorite ball in the toilet.  Robert's favorite, however, is even better.  He had just finished giving the boys a bath and was assisting Ryker with his asthma medication when he looked over to see Camden using a bath toy to ladle toilet water out and was drinking it!

~ I recently hung some hooks in Camden's room for his hats.  I used a pencil to mark where I wanted to hang them after measuring.  Camden watched this entire time.  Since then, he has found a pencil (not sure where since I swear I've hidden them all) and marked all over his wall. This has happened 3 different times now.

He's quite the artist.

Best part is, the paint they used in this house is the cheapest, flattest, most horrible paint ever and when you touch it or heaven forbid wipe it, it comes right off.  He now has this lovely shade of mint green showing through in several spots on his wall.  

~ Recently, I made the mistake of using the bathroom for longer than 2 minutes.  I was just on the other side of the wall from the family room and figured I could run out if I heard anything amiss.  Hudson was laughing and all seemed well.  That was until I walked out to see this:
Yep, he got the container with the oyster crackers out of the pantry, pried it open with his teeth and proceeded to spill/throw them all over the family room.  Did I mention I had JUST vacuumed!?!?


See how Ryker was there and didn't say anything???  Yeah, he later confessed that Camden was throwing them and he was catching them in his mouth.  Super helpful he was that day!!

~He's also become enamored with the dog bowls.  He particularly enjoys moving the food into the water and back out again.  Splashing in the water is quite alluring too.  I had to completely change his outfit and mop up the floor twice in the span of a few hours the other day.

That being said, he is still one of the most endearing children you will ever meet.  He can make you want to scream and pull your hair out one minute and make you laugh and your heart swell with love the next.  Thank goodness for that charm!  He's gonna need it!

Oh, he's rotten to the core, but boy, do I love him!


No comments:

Post a Comment