Friday, July 5, 2013

Columbus

Daddy had the day off today, so we decided to head down to Columbus, IN for the day.  I had heard great things about their children's museum, Kidscommons so we thought we'd check it out.  I've been to Columbus several times, but never to their downtown area.  We absolutely loved it!  The architecture was gorgeous and it was just so pretty.  I packed a lunch and we ate early in the van once we arrived then went to the musuem.  The museum is small, but very fun.  It was great to just do something new and different.
This ball activity was a big hit with Cam.  He loves balls!

Ryker was so cute all dressed up in the Japanese house.

The bubble room was definitely a favorite of the day. 

Robert might've had even more fun than the kids did!

This thing is way cool.  You stand in the middle and raise the ring and it makes a bubble around you. 

The famous giant toilet.  You can climb down the middle of it and it makes a flushing sound.  Pretty funny!

The had fun climbing all around.

Ryker loves to build things.  This was the boat he made.

The top floor is all about being physically active.  They were cracking me up as they got their gym time in. ;-)

I realize this is blurry, but it was a favorite moment of the day.  An impromptu hug for his big brother.  I love the way they love each other.  Makes me so happy!

We had many instense competitions at the basketball hoops.  Robert and I are addicted to these games.

After the museum, we walked across the street to The Commons which has an indoor playground.
Most of the stuff was perfect for Camden and he had a great time doing the slides over and over again.

Some other little boy put his hands up as he was going down and I said, "Ooh, no hands!" The next time Cam went down, he did the same thing.  Cracked me up!


After some play time, we walked down the street a bit to Zaharako's.  It's an old-fashioned ice cream parlor.  It's gorgeous on the inside with marble counters and stained glass windows.  Such a cool atmosphere!
We sat at the bar to get the full experience.

This is the banana split that Robert and Ryker split.  Robert said the crushed pineapple topping on the vanilla was to die for.  I had a bite of the strawberry and it was delicious too.  Cam and I split the brownie sundae which was positively divine.  So yummy!

We drove north a bit and stopped at the outlet mall in Edinburgh.  Both of the boys had fallen asleep so I stayed in the van with them while Robert went to look for some new running shoes. 
 
We had such a great day as a family and I know we'll go again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment