Sunday, March 3, 2013

Three Things

Last weekend, Ryker spent the morning helping Robert and my dad chop down a tree in my dad's backyard and another one in our yard.  Ryker was mainly excited to get outside and explore.  Papaw, on the other hand, had some jobs for him.  Ryker wasn't too keen on the idea at first.  Papaw then explained that there are three things he needed to learn in life.  They are:

1) Learn to love Jesus with all your heart.

2) Learn to obey and respect your parents and elders.

3) Learn to work hard.

He went on to explain that if you learn those three things, there is nothing in life you can't handle.  I love my Dad so very much for so many reasons, but the fact that he shares these things with my son just makes me love him even more.  They say it takes a village to raise a child, and I'm so fortunate to have so many willing caretakers and mentors for my children in our lives.  I couldn't agree with my father more and sincerely hope that some of his wisdom rubs off on my kids!


Love you Dad!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! :-) That is really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Amy! This is my all time favorite post on your blog. Totally makes sense why you grew into such amazing woman of God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you so much Raendra! I am blessed with wonderful parents. :)

      Delete