Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter at Home

This was a magical Easter for us.  Ryker really understands what Easter is all about this year and has been so excited to celebrate.  He has been saying over and over again over the past week, "I can't wait for Easter because Easter is all about God!"  As we played outside with sidewalk chalk on Good Friday he drew pictures of the cross and Jesus in the tomb.  He even made a cross out of stones, etc. and was so excited to show me because "Jesus died on the cross at Easter time."  When I asked him why Jesus did that he replied, "To forgive us our sins."
I helped him draw the tomb with the stone rolled away so we could celebrate the resurrection too!

He was so proud of his little cross! :-)



One of our friends from church taught his class this morning and told me when I picked him up that he earned an A+ today.  She said he knew all the answers to her questions and was so excited about the Resurrection.  Above all else in my parenting journey, moments like these are my favorite.  I love that the Lord is wooing my sweet boy's heart and he his learning about the God who loved him so much he sent his only Son to die on the cross so that Ryker's sins could be forgiven and he could have eternal life in him.  It's such an awe-inspiring thing to think about and to see a child grasp it's sheer awesomeness for the first time is such a faith-bolstering event.  Oh, to have faith like a child! :-)

We don't do the Easter bunny at our house, but they do get gifts from us.  This year we forewent the baskets and went for a big gift.  Ryker really needed a new bike since his other one was way too small, so it was a good excuse to buy it. We set them up in the bonus room the night before and after church let them in to see them.

I made Ryker close his eyes.
He was SO excited!

He even rode around the room a bit. :-)


Camden got a new baseball toy (it was actually given to him at Christmas time, but we never opened it because of the move, so we pulled it out for Easter!)  sneaky, sneaky...

Last year, I got tons of great pics of the boys on Easter morning.  This year, not so much...this was as good as it got.  There was an accidental head butt that took place and it was all downhill from there. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment