Wednesday, January 29, 2014

100th Day of School

Technically, today was the 100th day of school, but Ryker's class went ahead and celebrated Monday as originally planned.  I signed up to help out with the festivities.  Aunt Karen graciously agreed to watch Camden and Riella so I could go.  We were on a 2 hour delay today so the schedule got moved around a bit and I went in after lunch instead of before.  Miss Oliver had lots of fun 100 day activities and stations planned.

The kids were assigned the task of decorating a cape with 100 items to wear on the special day.  Ryker and I decided to decorate his with beads.  We used safety pins and beads I already had on hand.  It was a bit tedious, but fun to work together.
This is him modeling his finished cape Sunday after we finished it up.

Playing with friends at the domino station.  They had 100 dominoes to build with.

The cup station was a big hit.

Miss Oliver was teasing him about his 100 paper.  She said he had done so well that I must've sneaked over and helped.  ;-)

This was my station.  The kids gathered Hershey kisses.  Each one had a number from 1-100 on the bottom.  They had to match up their kiss with the the numbers chart and put them in the correct spot.  

By the time we were done with all the 100 day activities, the day was almost over.  Miss Oliver said they were just going to read a story and get ready to go home and that I could take him early if I wanted.  We took her up on the offer and headed home early.  It was such a fun day and I so enjoyed being in the classroom seeing all the kids Ryker talks about from class.

Today was the true 100th day of school and this is what he brought home.  I died laughing!  So funny!



No comments:

Post a Comment