Friday, June 21, 2013

It's a.....

Today was our big ultrasound where they check all the anatomy and you can find out the gender.  We were the first appointment of the day and super pumped to get there.  Aunt Karen graciously came to the house to watch the boys and we were off.  I was so excited and anxious I couldn't even eat! 
Robert and I were goofing off in the waiting room as we waited to be called back.
 
So, we got back to the room with our favorite ultrasound tech and we were chatting and catching up.  She started prepping me and asked if we were finding out gender, etc.  As she put the jelly on my stomach she asked if I had a feeling on what it was.  As I said, "Actually, I think it's a girl.  I'm not sure why, but it's just a feeling..."  I was mid-sentence and saying something about it seeming weird that I thought it was a girl and not another boy as she put the wand on and within two seconds, while I'm still talking she says, "It is!!!"  I let out a little yelp out of shock.  I could hardly believe it!  With both of the boys the gender wasn't revealed until much later in the ultrasound so to find out within a matter of seconds was crazy!
Here's the "evidence" shot.

Her sweet profile.

Her tiny little feet!
 
Everything checked out great.  All the anatomy and fluids looked perfect.  Her heartrate was at 153 bpm.  I saw the Dr. afterwards.  I'd lost some weight at the beginning of the pregnancy and I've now gained that back.  They were glad to see that.  (Me, eh...not so much.)  I know how quickly the weight comes on in the end and I'm really trying not to gain much at all this time around.  I'm sure it won't work out that way, but I'm trying!  My blood pressure was 110/68
 
Unfortunately, I can't get the video of us revealing the gender to the boys to upload.  Basically we put some pink gems in a red balloon and hung it from our fan in the back porch over a drop cloth.  Robert popped it and the boys watched as little pink gems fell all around them.  We had Ryker guess one more time what he thought it was and he said pink.  No surprise there!  He was pretty excited when he saw all that pink. 

Here they are diving into the beads.
 

This boy is one excited big brother!  He's been praying for a little sister since September at least.  He was very specific that he wanted a girl.  I was thrilled to tell him his prayers had been answered.  :-)

Aunt Karen came back over in the evening and so did Nana and Papaw.  They had all done some shopping and brought Little Miss her first clothes.  I about died over the cuteness of them and fawned over them way more I think is normal, but I can't help it.  Robert is just as into it and loving looking through everything.  She's spoiled already!

No comments:

Post a Comment