Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Unexpected Treats

We had plans to meet Aunt Karen at Texas Roadhouse for dinner tonight.  We typically go the week before Christmas and tonight was the perfect night.  To our surprise and delight, Santa Claus and one of his elves came tonight.  The elf passed out candy canes to all the kids and Santa was available for pictures and lap-sitting.  They also had free face painting. 

Camden was quite fascinated with Santa and wouldn't look at me.

Ryker, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with him.  I think he is now noticing that not all the Santas look alike and is a bit suspicious.  I think it's time to tell him that these are just helpers. I may wait for him to say something first though. I'd like to let him believe for as long as possible.

Next up was face painting.  He was so excited!

Full Spiderman mask...awesome!

 Unfortunately, in spite of these extra goodies, it wasn't our best dinner out.  The kids were not exactly calm and collected tonight.  Camden wanted nothing to do with sitting in his highchair...or sitting at all for that matter.  Ryker was pretty good up until he got in trouble with Robert for not listening.  I think his feelings got really hurt and he burst into tears.  In an effort to get him to calm down I told him he was going to ruin his face paint.  Wrong thing to say!  He proceeded to cry even more as we tried to salvage his face paint by blotting his tears with a napkin.  Eventually, I had to take him to the bathroom to calm down.  He made me take a picture so he could see that it was still ok.  Here's what we got:
Yeah, you can see that the white around his eyes was gone from the tears and there are streaks down his cheeks.  This one is a Drama King for sure! 

We survived the meal and got out of there in one piece and I managed to hold on to the majority of my sanity.  All in all, not too bad in my opinion.  Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment