Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Jolly Days

We met Aunt Chelle, Uncle Robert, and Nathan at the Children's Museum to check out the Jolly Days exhibit and go down the Yule Slide.  It was pretty crowded and hard to keep track of the three kids, but we had a pretty good time anyway. 

Ryker and Cam both loved making it snow inside the giant snow globe.

We headed to the Yule Slide first thing.  This was so comical I wish I would've had Robert video it instead of take pictures...allow me to explain...
1. Ryker rode down with Cam on his lap and I rode down with Hudson.  Michelle and Nathan were in line behind us.  Robert was downstairs to photograph the fun.
2. Wee!
3. Yay!  We made it!
4. Hudson was giggling like crazy...too funny!
5. Camden got up and immediately started climbing back up the slide.
6. The poor bag collector tried to collect him too. Meanwhile, Ryker thinks Cam's idea was brilliant and tries to follow suit...
7.  ...and falls instead.
8. He quickly recovers as I try to wrangle both Cam and Hudson.
9. I tried to get both boys situated all while Ryker climbed up the slide (unbeknownst to me).
10. I hurriedly tried to get out of the way blissfully unaware that we were causing even more trouble.
11. I realized Ryker was climbing the slide and yelled for him to get down.
12. He quickly turned around and slid down.

Yeah, it was quite the ride!  Never a dull moment when I'm out with these three boys!  LOL

Santa wasn't there yet, so we went into Teddy Bear's Playhouse to pass the time.  Ryker created this lovely artwork with some sort of Silly Putty-like substance on this mannequin.

Then it was time for Santa.  I stupidly parked the double stroller outside of the line because I thought it would be too hard to navigate through the line.  Not my best idea!  After several escape attempts by Cam all while I held 20 pound Hudson, we arrived at Santa's chair.  The boys were happy, I was sweaty...  I took several pics on my phone (yeah, we seem to have lost the charger for my camera so I am without a decent camera for the foreseeable future) and this was the best one.  Please forgive the creepy eyes, I can't seem to edit them out. :(

Robert, Michelle, and Nathan took off after seeing Santa.  The boys and I stayed for a bit and enjoyed the Jolly Days exhibit.  Cam especially loved fishing.

He really liked to sit in the fishing hole with the fish which was pretty funny.

Hudson, for some reason, thought a fish sign on the wall was hilarious.  He kept smiling and giggling at it.  So funny!

Ryker sliced his finger on his last trip down the slide in the ice castle which was met with an overly dramatic reaction requiring a makeshift bandage out of a diaper wipe.  I had already packed us lunch, so we went ahead and ate in the cafeteria before heading home for naps (and a couple real band aids for Ryker).

No comments:

Post a Comment