Saturday, December 15, 2012

Robert's Graduation

He made it!!!  Today was Robert's graduation ceremony.  He has been working toward his Master's degree for the last year and a half at Indiana Wesleyan University.  He has worked so hard and sacrificed so much to get to this point and I am so incredibly proud of him!  He even graduated with a 4.0!  My parents graciously offered to watch the boys for us so we could enjoy the ceremony in peace.  We drove up to Marion, IN in the morning and anxiously awaited the ceremony at 2:00.  Robert's parents, Pepaw, brother, sister, and brother-in-law all came as well.  It was great to have so many people there to support and congratulate him. 

The ceremony was held in the campus' new Chapel.  It was a beautiful building and perfect for this event.  I was so impressed with the ceremony.  It's a Christian university and it was so refreshing to hear Christ praised and discussed so openly.  The main speech was given by the Chairman of the Board and was SO good!  He could be a preacher!  It was titled "Life of Hope, But.."  He spoke on the popular and familiar verse from Jeremiah 29:11,"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'"  The best part was that he said it's important to keep reading....there's where the "but" in the title of his speech came from.  Verses 13 and 14 say, "'You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the Lord..."  I loved that he proclaimed God's promises to everyone, but loved it even more that he didn't stop there.  You have to seek him!  Anyway, I was really impressed with the entire ceremony and truly enjoyed it!

Robert put on all his gear before we left so we could get pictures with the boys.  Camden was particularly enthralled with his tassel.

Daddy with his boys.



Walking in to the chapel.

All the professors on stage.
His moment to shine!
Michelle and I....it might have gotten a bit boring after a while listening to all those names.

Proudly displaying that diploma (well, not really, it will be mailed...but, ya know!)

Proud Mom and Dad

Michelle and Dave with the graduate

Pepaw's turn.

All the Brown men

The Roberts
Robert (Pepaw), Robert (Spangler), Robert (Brown), and Tony (who actually began life as a Robert until his parents legally changed it later) 

Me and my smart man!

No comments:

Post a Comment