Sunday, March 9, 2014

Brown Family Chili Cookoff

Today was the Brown Family Chili Cookoff.  We did a similar thing a while back and my father-in-law asked about doing it again.  Robert and I decided to host one this weekend since their anniversary and my mother-in-law's birthdays were this week.  It was a great excuse to get everybody together.  All in all we had 5 different types of chili to sample.  
Little Miss all ready for everyone to come over.

Cuddling with Uncle David and Ashton

Robert and Tony enjoying some chili

Robert, Queen, and Pepaw

Edie and Cara

Junior and Nathan

The voting booth.  Ryker came down with a fever after church Sunday so we banished him to our room upstairs.  He joined us in spirit though and we used his Valentine box as our ballot box.

My totally awesome homemade trophy.  About an hour before everyone came I decided to make a trophy.  I took an old spoon, spray painted it, and used glitter glue for the #1.  I covered a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin mix with aluminum foil and stuck the spoon in.  Ghetto fabulous!

Nonno and his girl

Nathan and Cam wanted babies of their own.

Robert and Michelle counting up the votes.

Edie was our big winner!

The littlest members of our crew

Nonna and her thumbsucking granddaughter

Nonna and both the littles

Cam, Nathan, and I headed outside to play for a while.  We practiced some baseball, played with sidewalk chalk, and wrote the scooter.

Cam and Pepaw

Cara (and Jaxson), Michelle and Ashton, Riella and I

We had a great night and are already planning to do it again in the fall. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment