Thursday, November 6, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday.  It was quite the day....to say the least.  I spent the morning volunteering at school.  I spent a lot of time in the workroom prepping a project for the kids.  There was a fire alarm at one point which meant we all shuffled outside in the very chilly and windy weather to stand around and wait for the all clear to go back in.  After I got warmed back up, I spent some time working one on one with a few kids.  Since Ryker had an eye appointment scheduled for this afternoon I brought him home with me for lunch and then we drove over to Community East to see the eye doctor.

Playing around with glasses while we waited to be called back.


The appointment went well at first.  Until they told him they were going to have dilate his eyes.  And, he freaked.  Robert freaks out about having anything go anywhere near his eyes.  Apparently he has inherited this fear and was a hot mess.  It took me and two techs holding him down to get the drops in his eyes.  We had to wait 20 minutes for the drops to take effect. This is what happened...



He woke up fairly easily thankfully for the second exam and did fine through it but fell back asleep in the chair before the tech had even left the room.


We waited for the doctor and after several attempts to wake him (including splashing cold water on his face) he finally woke up.  The doc said he is slightly far sighted and recommended reading glasses to see if they would help with some of his reading difficulties.

He got to wear these shades home since his eyes were still dilated.  He was much happier after it was all done and over with.
Sporting his new specs while working on homework.

After the ordeal at the eye doctor, it was time for a dinner out with my man.  My parents came to watch the kids.  We headed out the driveway...and Robert backed right into my mom's car.  Yep, scraped it all up.  Super fun times.  After shedding a few tears, we were on our way again.  We were able to shake it off a bit after we got to the restaurant.  We ate at Chuy's in Hamilton Town Centre.  It was Robert's first time and we both really enjoyed it.
I'm so thankful that even though this wasn't a perfect day all my people are healthy and happy and I'm beyond blessed to go through this crazy life with my best friend by my side.



No comments:

Post a Comment