Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Kindergarten Round-Up

Today was Kindergarten Round-Up for Ryker.  He was excited but also very nervous.  I'll admit, so was I!  We saw some of his preschool buddies which helped a bit.  He was able to check out all the rooms and meet the teachers.  We particularly enjoyed talking with one who has a daughter that will be in Kindergarten there next year too.  They enjoyed writing on the chalkboard together.  He relaxed a bit as the time went on, but was not keen on the idea of signing up for the Readiness testing.  He is such a worry-wart and immediately started getting nervous over it.  It was very neat to see the school though and get a feel for where he will be.  I can't believe he starts school July 30th!  It will be here before we know it.  I can't help but get a little choked up when I think about my baby boy going off to Kindergarten.  I'm trying not to think about it too much.  It just won't be the same without him around during the day come July.  His brother and I will miss him very much!

Our big boy all ready to check out his new school. 

1 comment: